How can clean the spray tip on my pressure washer?
- Unplug the electric pressure washer or shut off the engine on the gas pressure washer.
- Remove the lance from the pressure washer gun.
- Twist the nozzle to the open position. (The metal blades will spread apart).
- Use a tip cleaner or a 3" long, small-gauge wire. Gently move the wire back and forth through the end of the nozzle to dislodge any debris.
- Remove the wire.
- Backflush the lance with a garden hose, spraying through the tip from the opposite direction that water flows during normal operation.
- Pointing the lance toward a light source, look through the nozzle to determine if you can see any light showing through. If you can see light, the tip is now clean.
- Reinstall the lance in the gun and operate the pressure washer.