How do I prepare my electric pressure washer for storage?
Materials that may be needed: channel-lock pliers, 1-1/2 – 2 cups of RV antifreeze and a clean rag.
Follow these steps:
- With the unit turned off, relieve pressure and purge any air from the pump by squeezing the trigger on the gun until nothing comes out from the nozzle end of lance.
- Keep the high-pressure hose with gun attached. Take a funnel and insert it into the inlet valve (garden hose side) and pour in about 1-1/2 – 2 cups of RV antifreeze. As you pour in the antifreeze, squeeze the trigger while turning the unit on/off to draw the antifreeze into the pump.
- Disconnect the high-pressure hose from the pump and insert a clean rag into the outlet valve so the RV antifreeze does not escape from the pump.
- Before starting the unit up in the spring, flush out antifreeze with water. Remove the rag and hook up the garden hose.
- With water turned on, squeeze the gun trigger, turn unit on and flush the pump out with water.
- Now, you can hook up your high-pressure hose along with the gun and lance and use your pressure washer.
NOTE: Read the manufacturer’s instructions for safe handling and disposal of RV antifreeze.