Why doesn’t my stick welder have a spark?
Check the connection to the clamp to be sure that the wire is exposed and the clamp is tight.
- Check for low voltage from the power supply.
- Ensure that the welding and clamp area are clean. There should be no paint or rust.
- Make sure the clamp is within 12 inches of the electrode.
- If the rod is just red and sticking, check the power source. Use a 20-amp circuit and no extension cord.
- Make sure you are only using the proper welding rod sizes for the unit.