My aluminum weld is poor. Why?
- You may be using the wrong gas; use 100% argon only.
- Make sure the polarity of the welder is set correctly.
- The wire speed may be too slow; make slight adjustments to increase its speed.
- Your travel speed may be too slow; try increasing it.
- The liner and/or drive roller could be contaminated; inspect and replace if necessary.
- Make sure you are using the smooth side of the drive roller.
- The aluminum wire may be too thick; 1/8" is the maximum.
- The torch liner needs to be a Teflon liner.
- Watch the torch line: Keep it straight, avoid kinks and bends, and watch the amount of droop.